Lucas Estate Agents is the original local independent estate agents based in the sought after small town of Brightlingsea.
The business was started by Ronald Lucas, from somewhat humble beginnings in converted wooden outbuildings in Thomas Street, at the back of a High Street tailors shop started by his father, Arthur. It was an enterprising step by the then young Ronald Lucas.
In May 1937, the business was moved to the then newly built shop in Victoria Place. It is a fantastic prominent central location from where it is still run today ably by his son John and his team of girls, who all live in the town and therefore have a wealth of experience in not only the housing market but in the town itself.
The office prides itself in offering a personal and friendly service, something which has been consistent since 1935.
All members of the team have an extensive knowledge of the area, both in property sales and the rental market.
Advertising from our large window displays, the local press and also on Rightmove (the UK’s number one property website).
Selling AND Renting:
We offer Vendors/Landlords FREE, no obligation valuations and competitive commission rates and if we are unable to sell/rent your property, you pay us nothing. Our service includes full colour property details and colour window display. With regards to renting we have a referencing system and produce Inventories and Tennancy Agreements. We cover Brightlingsea, Thorrington and the surrounding areas.
Lucas Estate Agents have an independent financial mortgate advisor who would be happy to meet you, either in the comfort of your own home, by phone, email or in our office which ever suits you best.
Much of our business comes from repeat business and recommendations and we strongly beleive this is what you should expect from your local agent.
* All tenants will no longer be charged a letting fee.
* Deposits will be no more than five weeks rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
* Early termination (at the tenants request) should the tenant wish to leave their contract early; they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than a maximum of the rent outstanding on the tenancy.
* Variations of contract (at tenants request). There will be a £50 fee to cover the cost associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation of a new document.
* Change of sharer (at tenants request). There will be a £50 fee to cover costs including taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and right to rent checks, deposit registration and preparation of a new document.
* All landlords are charged one months rent plus VAT. This covers all advertising, viewings, finding a suitable tenant, the tenancy agreement and inventory.
* References are chargeable if required.
* New agreements are charged at £60.
Client money protection scheme
Lucas Estate Agents are a member of a client money protection scheme.
We are a member of the property ombudsman scheme. The scheme has been providing consumers and agents with an alternative dispute resolution service for twenty five years and provides consumers with a free, impartial and independant alternative dispute resolution service.